Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
The Devil Inside
Bullies with nothing to show for their efforts, a dream come true in the workplace. But it is going to take each and every one of us being ready to stick our necks out when we see people trying to take advantage of one another.
Blog of the Week
As Congress debates the future of the Affordable Care Act, the AFL-CIO sent a letter to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives urging Republican leaders to abandon plans to roll back coverage protections.
Thought for the Week
"Everybody has talent, it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is."
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
- Black - Leadership
- Blue - Team Player
- Gray - Logical/Analytical
- White - Organized
- Brown - Dependable
- Red - Power
- Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative