Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Losers: Overcoming Failure at Work
Go to any magazine rack and you'll see smiling faces of executives, entertainers and sports stars all rejoicing in the glow of success. It's enough to make you feel terrible about yourself and your career prospects. But what if I were to tell you that man
Blog of the Week
Salon owners in California who pay employees on commission are subject to liability for failing to pay all wages due. Under California law, “commissions” are a form of wages applicable only to an employee who sells a product or service, not to an employee who makes a product or provides a service to the employer’s customers
Thought for the Week
"Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street."
List of the Week
from Online Pays: How to get salary information online
Top Five News Headlines
- American Airlines announces pay raises, and investors balk
- Senate Confirms R. Alexander Acosta as Labor Secretary
- In Cleveland, co-op model finds hope in employers rooted in the city
- Senate nudges Acosta step toward confirmation at Labor
- Roundtable Anticipates Changes to Labor and Employment Relations Under Trump Administration